Small flow wastewater collection and distribution system designers are more frequently utilizing high head low flow capacity pumps to overcome engineering challenges. A multi-stage centrifugal pump such as traditionally used in the water well industry, helps fill this need. Manufacturers of these pumps have used their knowledge of pumping from dirty wells to develop pumps for clear effluent pumping. The keys to using these types of pumps in effluent applications are keeping the motor cool, securing it in a tank to make it easily accessible, and not mixing the residual solids in the tank during pump operation.
Specification for Laminar Flow Collar
The laminar flow collar shall be made of non-corrosive, glueable PVC and have sufficient holes in the outer guide tube to assure laminar flow for the rated capacity. The inner flow collar shall extend near the bottom to provide sufficient cooling flow for the motor. The dimension between the inner collar and the pump motor shall not restrict flow to the pump intake but will provide for scouring of surfaces. The Laminar Flow Collar shall be a “CoolGuide” as manufactured by American Manufacturing Company, Inc. Patent Pending.
- Measure the distance from the bottom of the tank to 6″ down from the top of the riser.
- Cut the extension pipe (by others) to the length necessary to reach this height. Cut ½ of the pipe down 12″ to 18″ away from the top of the pipe for pump discharge pipe.
- Glue the extension coupling (by others) to the extension pipe and to the CoolGuide™.
- Glue on the CoolGuide™ flat cap and place the CoolGuide™ firmly on the bottom of the tank. Attach extension to riser with anchors as shown.
- Place pipe dope on CoolGuide™ adapter threads and thread into pump discharge.
- Attach cooling collar to adapter with set screw provided.
- Glue pipe into flow collar and with pump attached, lower into guide tube.
- Attach to discharge pipe, valves, and connect electrical as specified.
|COOLGUIDE15||LAMINAR FLOW COLLAR 6", 15 GPM||ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS|
|COOLGUIDE25||LAMINAR FLOW COLLAR 8", 25 GPM||ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS|
|COOLGUIDE40||LAMINAR FLOW COLLAR 8", 40 GPM||ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS|
|COOLGUIDE60||LAMINAR FLOW COLLAR 10", 60 GPM||ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS|
|COOLGUIDE90||LAMINAR FLOW COLLAR 10", 90 GPM||ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS|
|COOLGUIDE120||LAMINAR FLOW COLLAR 10", 120 GPM||ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS|