- National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association (NOWRA) – The largest organization within the U.S. dedicated solely to educating and representing members within the onsite and decentralized industry.
- Recommended Guidance for Design of Wastewater Drip (nowra.org) NOWRA Recommended Guidance for the Design of Wastewater Drip Dispersal Systems
- NOWRA’s Septic Locator – Locate a septic product supplier, service provider, or onsite wastewater professional in your area.
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- Virginia Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association (VOWRA) – Branches off of NOWRA to advance and promote all aspects of the onsite wastewater industry in the state of Virginia.
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Septic Systems
- EPA: Advanced Technology for Onsite Treatment of Wastewater, Products Approved by State
- EPA: Funding for Septic Systems